Sports briefs: Weeks of Nov. 22 and 29

Girls Basketball

The Lady Iron are 7-0, outscoring their opponents by double digits in six of those games. They opened the season by sweeping the Intercity Tournament, winning the title for the first time since 2017. Community plays host to Rock Island on Tuesday Dec. 7 before their first Big-12 game on the road at Peoria Notre Dame Saturday Dec. 11.

Boys Basketball 

The Ironmen boys varsity basketball team won their first four games of the season to win the Intercity Title. Community improved their record to 6-0 with a conference victory over Champaign Central and 50-37 win over the #1 ranked 3A team, East St. Louis. The Ironmen hit the road for games against Pekin and Big-12 opponent Champaign Centennial this week. 

Boys Wrestling

The Community boys wrestling team won their first three matches, defeating Metamora, Leroy, and Lincoln. The team also finished 2nd in a Quad meet at Wharton Field House in Moline. Cooper Caraway (‘24,) Cole Gentsch (‘25,) and Caden Correll (‘25) are all undefeated. The Ironmen host Limestone for senior night on Tuesday Dec. 7 for their second and final home match of the season. 

Girls Wrestling 

The Community girls wrestling team competed in a historic NCHS invite on Nov. 27, their first official IHSA competition. Pyper Wood finished second in the 125 tournament while Shelbey Hailey finished third in the 235 competition. Community competes in the Pontiac Invite Saturday Dec. 11.

Boys Swimming 

After a first place finish in the Macomb Invite to open the season, Normal Community boys swimming hosts the Big-12’s Champaign schools for senior night on Tuesday Dec. 7.

$1930
$3000

About the Contributors
Jonah Kramer
Jonah Kramer, Sports Editor
Jonah Kramer is a senior at Normal Community High School and participates in Best Buddies, FBLA and cross country. This is his second year working with the Inkspot, where he is a senior staff reporter. A random fact about me is that my front tooth has been broken five different times. My favorite film is Knives Out. What inspires me is Jesus Christ.
Dylan Wehmeyer
Dylan Wehmeyer, Senior Staff Reporter
Dylan Wehmeyer is a senior at Normal Community High School and is involved with Best Buddies and FMP. This is his third year working with the Inkspot; he is a senior staff reporter. A book that moved me is To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. A slogan I live by is "You never know what someone is going through. Be kind. Always."
Eli Schneider
Eli Schneider, Senior Staff Reporter
Eli Schneider is a senior at Normal Community High School and in his third year of working with the Inkspot as a Senior Staff Reporter. Eli plays varsity lacrosse for the B-N Lacrosse co-op and enjoys watching baseball, football, and hockey at both the collegiate and professional levels. Eli plans to attend the University of Mississippi in the fall of 2022 and major in Marketing Strategy and minor in Journalism  An all-time dream of mine would be to work in marketing/P.R for an MLB or NHL team My favorite places to travel are Oxford, Mississippi, Dallas, Texas, and Denver, Colorado
$1930
$3000