Lady Iron cross country head into Intercity meet with 2 team wins

The Lady Iron cross country team head into Thursday’s Intercity meet with two team victories in their first three meets of the season. 

Community took 1st at the NCHS Co-Ed Open Sep. 2, beating Olympia by 21 points in the opening meet of the season. 

Ali Ince (’24), Abigail Zeimer (’24) and Lily Cavanaugh (’26) all finished among the top 10 runners, placing 3rd, 4th, and 7th respectively. 

At the 54th Lee Halburg Lanphier Invite Sep. 10, the Lady Iron took 4th in Lincoln Park. Ince and Cavanaugh finished neck and neck, crossing the finish line at 20:38 and 20:39, to earn 9th and 10th place for Community. Zeimer was unable to run due to an injury.

Ince led the Lady Iron to a 1st place finish against Taylorville and Mt. Zion on Sep. 15, winning the team’s third meet with a time of 19:50. 

Community runs Thursday at Maxwell Park after the Intercity competition was rescheduled due to Tuesday’s record high temperatures.  

Community finished 2nd in the meet last year, 10 points behind the U-High Pioneers, with Ince finishing 1st (18:06) in the field.

$1880
$3000

About the Contributors
Anna Dunne, Senior Staff Reporter
Anna Dunne is a senior at Normal Community who plays volleyball and runs track. She is a member of Student Council, Key Club, and Class Board. This is her second year with Inkspot, and she is currently a senior staff reporter. I love to travel and meet new people, Colorado being my favorite place to visit. I hope to one day live in the city with lots of dogs.
Libby Price, Staff Writer
Libby Price is a senior at Normal Community High School and is involved in Speech Team. This is her first year working with the Inkspot, and she is a staff writer. On the weekends I enjoy baking and crocheting. My favorites subjects in school are English and Spanish. I hope to become a teacher someday.
Christian Hofmann, Staff Writer
Christian Hofmann is a senior at Normal Community High School and is involved in Drama club. This is his first year working with the Inkspot, and he is a staff writer. My all-time dream is to become an actor. In my free time I watch movies, I act and I listen to music. My best advice is to go with the flow and roll with the punches.
$1880
$3000