Boys soccer takes second in 2023 Intercity tournament after narrow loss to U-High

The boys soccer team finished second in the 2023 Intercity tournament, their lone loss coming in the tournament’s opening round to eventual Intercity champions U-High.

Community fell 1-0 to the Pioneers in Aug. 30’s match at U-High.

Despite the Ironmen recording a 10-9 advantage in shots on goal, they were unable to find the back of the net against the Pioneers.

The Iron held their opponents scoreless the next three games, defeating Central Catholic (2-0), and Big 12 Conference opponent Normal West (2-0) and Bloomington (5-0).

Goalkeepers Ian Henrichsmeyer and Parker Michels combined for 22 saves over the four matches.

Offensively Dillon Tierney (’24) led the Ironmen, scoring twice against Central Catholic and tallying two assists during the tournament.

Kale Hunt, Believe Avida and Logan Ummel each finished the tournament with one goal and one assist to their names.

Community remains undefeated in the Big 12 Conference with a 3-0 record and boast a season record of 4-2-1 after Sept. 6’s 2-1 loss to Dunlap.

$1880
$3000

About the Contributors
Lucas Drengwitz
Lucas Drengwitz, Staff Writer
Lucas Drengwitz is a senior and is on both the football and baseball teams. He is a first-year staff writer for the Inkspot. My hidden talent is that I am actually pretty good at golf. Someday I'd really like to meet Justin Fields. On the weekends I like to hang out with friends and watch sports. My favorite film is “Shawshank Redemption.”      
Charles (Charlie) Faulkner
Charlie Faulkner is a senior at Normal Community High School and is a part of the NCHS Experimental Music Ensemble. This is his first year of working with the Inkspot, and he is a staff writer. I love all things music. I have played guitar since I was six years old and can fake it with just about any other string instrument you give me. My best advice is never forget the importance and power of forgiveness.
Bayli Ferris
Bayli Ferris, Staff Writer
Bayli Ferris is a senior at Normal Community High School where she's involved in clubs such as Generations Connect and Younglife. This is her first year as an Inkspot staff writer.  I like Phoebe Bridgers, ice cream and warm weather. On the weekend I like to get coffee with my dad and hang out with friends. My favorite movie is The Edge of Seventeen.
Pranathi Ganti
Pranathi Ganti, Staff Writer
Pranathi Ganti is a senior at Normal Community High School and serves as the President of both FBLA and Key Club chapters. She is a staff writer in her first year working with the Inkspot. A random fact about me is I sneeze when I look at the Sun. My best advice is to live to impress your 6-year-old self.
Bella Green
Bella Green, Staff Writer
Bella Green is a junior at Normal Community High School. This is her first year working with the Inkspot, and she is a staff writer. I like to watch basketball, my favorite teams are the Boston Celtics, Dallas Wings and South Carolina Gamecocks. In my free time, I enjoy discovering new shows and movies.  
Ali Ince
Ali Ince, Staff Writer
Ali Ince is a senior at Normal Community High School who runs track and cross country and plays basketball. She is also the treasurer on the Student Council and a huddle leader for Fellowship of Christian Athletes. This is her first year on the Inkspot as a staff writer.  
Lyra Townsend
Lyra Townsend, Staff Writer
Lyra Townsend is a sophomore at NCHS and this is her first year working with the Inkspot.  Her current role is a staff writer.  My favorite movie is Jaws. On the weekends I like to fly planes. The slogan I live by is "Dream as if you'll live forever, fly as if it's your last flight."
Abigail Ziemer
Abigail Ziemer, Staff Writer
Abigail Ziemer is a senior at Normal Community High School and participates in track and field. This is her first year as an Inskpot staff writer.  On the weekends I enjoy spending time with my dog, Baxter, being outside and seeing my friends. What inspires me is the people and community in BloNo. I like creating art, drinking coffee and listening to Taylor Swift.    
$1880
$3000