Plangger, White set for second round of three-point contest

White loads a three-pointer in her senior night game versus Bradley-Bourbonnais

Lady Iron basketball players Olivia Plangger (‘21) and Regan White (‘20) are set to compete in the Sectional Round of the IHSA Three-Point Showdown at Pekin High School Thursday, Feb. 27.

In the Regional contest, Plangger hit 9/15 threes to tie for first place, while White knocked down seven and tied for third as the top four shooters advanced. 

Participants move around from three racks set up around the perimeter, shooting five balls from each. In the event that a tie-breaker is needed, players will shoot from the corners. 

Plangger and White will be joined by Olivia Demosthenes of Normal West, along with another shooter from Lincoln Way West in coming out of their regional.

“I’m really looking forward to the opportunity to represent my team in this competition,” White said. 

Those who advance will go on to compete at the state tournament, hosted by Illinois State at Redbird Arena on Thursday, March 5. 

$1880
$3000

Reid Watkins
Reid Watkins, Sports Editor
Reid Watkins is a senior at Normal Community High School and a member of the football program. In his first year with the Inkspot, Reid was promoted to Sports Editor. Reid commentates girls basketball, baseball and volleyball games that the Inkspot live streams on YouTube.  My favorite film is simultaneously Forrest Gump, Pitch Perfect and Anchorman 2. The best advice I could give to underclassmen is to respect all of your teachers.
$1880
$3000