Bike paradise

Last year, the student body experienced what we thought would be a fad, but luckily it wasn’t.  National Bike 2 School Day is coming up on Wednesday, May 8, 2013 and is hoping to see a larger turnout of riders this year. In a perfect world, all high school students would ride bikes to school – unfortunately, not all of them can.

I’m sure almost all of the student body could agree that they would rather have bike traffic in the parking lot rather than the daily, organized chaos with our cars. Not to mention with the weather finally looking like it will push through to stay at a reasonably warm temperature, it’s the perfect opportunity to start riding a bike to school.

But what would it be like if we all rode bikes instead of driving everyday to school? The mornings would be peacefully quiet lacking the blaring of speakers that are too small for the volume they’re being played at.  Our wallets would be fatter on account of not having to pay for gas, there would be no more road rage, and, most importantly, life-threatening car crashes would be replaced by boo-boos when your tire hits a crack. So get out and ride your bike, the regular bikers are always welcoming to new bikers and the new trail needs to be broken in.

$1880
$3000

Ben Wylde
Ben Wylde, Chief Opinion Editor
Ben Wylde is a senior at NCHS that plays baseball and basketball and is a member of geography club and I-club. This is Ben’s third year as a journalism student and is likely to be the chief opinion editor this year for the Inkspot. Biggest Pet Peeve The biggest peeve I have is when I have a teacher that is writing on the board with short sleeves who also is not working out their triceps and when he/she writes on the board the droopy unused tissue flaps back and forth. Slogan to Live by The slogan I live by is, "Rock the boat, don't rock the boat, baby. Rock the boat, don't tip the boat over." Guilty Pleasure My guilty pleasure is the Carnitas Nachos dish at Fiesta Ranchera (which is not on the menu) that tingles my taste buds and soothes any discomfort I may have.
$1880
$3000