Tiger still the best?

Tiger Woods, known most for being an adulterer and probably the most hated golfer in the PGA Tour. He picked up his first win of 2013 in the Farmer’s Insurance Open in San Diego on Monday, January 28th. Woods is still showing signs that he is still one of the greatest golfers to ever play the game of golf, even with all the controversies that he has been going through.

Woods started playing golf at a very young age. Tiger’s father, Earl Woods, taught his son Tiger how to golf by the time he could walk. Earl was constantly taking him out to hit golf balls, whether it be at a golf range or just in their backyard.

Wood’s success started in 1984 when he was eight years old playing in a nine to ten age group and coming out victorious. Earl once wrote in one of his journals that Tiger beat him for the first time when he was only 11 years of age.

Woods went on to attend Stanford University where he started off his collegiate golf career. During college, Woods made his first PGA debut in 1992 where he played one tournament, and didn’t make it past the first cut. This also happened in 1993 and 1994. During those years Woods played a total of six tournaments. 1996 was the breakout year for Woods; this was the year that he won his first Major title. This was just the beginning for one of the greatest players to play the game of golf. Wood’s success didn’t diminish, it only continued to soar and he has gone on to win a total of 14 Major Championships.

People need to get past the fact that Tiger has done wrong, he already knows that. We as people don’t need to keep harassing him about what he did, what is done is done. He will always be one of the greatest to ever pick up a golf club. Everyone just needs to accept that fact and leave it at that.

$1780
$3000

Kalin Redd, Staff Reporter
Standing at a staggering 6 foot 2 inches tall Kalin Redd is a senior at NCHS who is the sports analyst MVP for the Inkspot. His hometown is St. Louis, Missouri. He moved here the beginning of his freshman year so it was a new experience for him at first, but he soon adapted with no problems. If I won a million dollars...  I would buy a new Bugatti Slogan to live by...  Live life like a fairy tale Favorite film... 21 Jump Street
$1780
$3000