Spilling the beans on Bloomington-Normal’s coffee shops

Emma Conover and Lauren Cutler traveled around Bloomington Normal, in search of the best local coffee shop. Take a look at the five local shops they reviewed to see what makes them unique and what they have to offer in the video below.

At each stop, Conover and Cutler putting the shop’s brews to the test. Sampling one beverage at each location, the pair each reviewed the drink based on its taste and value. Check out each reviewer’s rankings and review below and the ultimate overall winner.

After tasting a similar drink at five area coffee shops, Emma Conover offered up her rankings on a 10 point scale and thoughts on the beverage’s flavor.
Lauren Cutler tasted similar drinks at local coffee shops, offering her opinion on each’s flavor.
After comparing their tasting scores, Emma and Lauren were in agreement that one local coffee shop stood above the rest – Fusion Brew. In addition to offering the best value, Fusion Brew was the highest ranked by both reviewers. The Coffee Hound offered the fastest service (and the most in-town locations). Ivy Lane’s aesthetic was described as “adorable” by both Emma and Lauren. The two also were impressed by Crafted’s design and outdoor recreation offerings.
$1880
$3000

About the Contributors
Emma Conover
Emma Conover, Staff Writer
Emma Conover is a sophomore at Normal Community High School and is involved in Class Board, Student Council, and softball. This is her first year working with The Inkspot and is a staff writer. On the weekends, I enjoy playing in softball tournaments, going for bike rides, and watching movies with friends and family. My favorite film would have to be A Simple Favor because I love comedy/mystery movies, and Blake Lively is my all-time favorite actress. In my free time, I enjoy playing with my dog and working out.
Lauren Cutler
Lauren Cutler, Staff Writer
Lauren Cutler is a sophomore at Normal Community High School and the President of the Sophomore Class Board. This is her first year working with The Inkspot. She is a staff writer. My favorite film is The Breakfast Club. I'd really like to meet Lizzo.
$1880
$3000