Miller Park Zoo: Lunch & Learn

As Spring break nears, students are planning with their families for trips and activities to occupy their time. Miller Park Zoo is a family-friendly option for those who do not travel far from Bloomington, Normal.

Miller Park Zoo visited NCHS and brought along three special guests that can be found at the zoo. View the gallery for photos and information on armadillos, chinchillas, and gopher snakes.

• facts from www.livescience.com

• facts from www.livescience.com

• facts from www.livescience.com

$1880
$3000

Nate Brown
Nate Brown, Staff Reporter
Nate Brown is a sophomore at Normal Community High School who takes part in book club, G.S.A, and Best Buddies. Journalism 1 in the 2017-2018 school year is his first year with this class at NCHS, but at his previous school he took a yearbook/graphic design class had a similar curriculum. My hobbies include writing and reading. Over the summer, I participated in a week-long English studies camp at Eastern Illinois University. A book that moved me is The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller due to its components of ancient Greece, LGBT+ characters (plus a heckin' rad relationship between Achilles and Patroclus, even though it's tragic), and masterful writing by Miller.
$1880
$3000