NCHS students share New Year’s resolutions

With the start of a new year comes new opportunities. Many people choose to create resolutions in order to make the most of the new year. Others choose to not make goals, and instead take the year as it comes. These NCHS students share their hopes for 2017.

• Veena Yeleswarapu (11) aspires “to increase productivity. Towards the end of 2016 I just kind of lost motivation to do a lot of things and I was just scrambling, so I want to change that.”

• Some students choose to not make New Year’s resolutions. Trinity Harris (12), chose to not make a resolution. “I don’t keep them,” she states.

• Like Harris, Jonah Beer (10, right) chose to not make a New Year’s resolution this year. “I am happy with the way I am,” he states. Cally Robertson (11, left) strives to stop procrastinating in English.

• Sindhu Komaragiri (11) wants to stop procrastinating. In order to achieve her goal, Komaragiri resolves to give her phone to her parents at 9:00 PM so that she isn’t distracted by it.

• Addie Smith’s (10) goal for 2017 is to make new friends because she wants to branch out more.

• From left to right: Kaylee Rippeon (11), Sudesh Sahu (11), Cora Sease (11), Logan Rice (11). Rippeon’s goal is to work out more in the coming year. Sahu states that he hopes to “get on top of all of [his] commitments and not procrastinate.” He continues, “I realized that I have a lot of things going on and in order for me to effectively do all them, I need to make sure that I stay on top of everything.” Sease aspires to be a better person. “I want to be known as a nice person,” she states. Rice resolved to get all of his schoolwork done. He adds, “I don’t want to get grounded.”

$1880
$3000

Melissa Schill
Melissa Schill, Editor in Chief
Melissa Schill is a senior at NCHS. This is her third year working for the Inkspot, and she is the Editor in Chief. Melissa is also involved in the Principal Advisory Committee and Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Random fact about me: I was homeschooled in 7th and 8th grade. Farthest I've been from home: Nairobi, Kenya. Likes: Dancing, writing, hiking, and traveling. Guilty pleasure: Brownies and mint chocolate chip ice cream.
$1880
$3000