Chloe Burcham

Chloe Burcham, Staff Reporter

Chloe Burcham is a senior at Normal Community High School who is very passionate about learning. She is a member of the varsity swim team at NCHS and loves to read and write. This is Chloe's first year in the Journalism program and is a staff reporter on the Inkspot. 

The farthest I've been from home was when I went to Cap Haitian, Haiti on a mission trip. A random fact about me is that I have one biological sister, two adopted sisters, and two adopted brothers. My all-time dream is to become a missionary and teach English along with The Gospel in less developed countries.

All content by Chloe Burcham
The 300 word series is inspired by Brady Denniss St. Petersburg Times column.

300 Words: ‘Na wè pita’

Chloe Burcham, Staff Reporter Jan 8, 2019

Sweat streams down her face. The humidity so extreme that the only outfit she owns is glued to her body. She cringes as she steps with bare feet on a sharp rock. She stands in front of a stick hut that looks as if it would collapse at the slightest breeze. Her son grasps her hand; holding on for dear...

Continue Reading
Regan Smith holds a child as a Haitian family is being prayed for.

[Photo]

Continue Reading

[Photo]

Continue Reading

[Photo]

Continue Reading
Although the flags in the atrium have hung for over 10 years, they are often overlooked and unrecognized by students.

Staff seeks new ways to showcase diversity

Principal Trevor Chapman is considering replacing the world flags that have been hanging in the atrium for over 10 years with current student artwork. The world flags hang in representation of the student and staff diversity at the school. Chapman acknowledges that displaying artwork will show the...

Continue Reading
Load More Stories
$1780
$3000