Nate Brown

Nate Brown, Staff Reporter

Nate Brown is a sophomore at Normal Community High School who takes part in book club, G.S.A, and Best Buddies. Journalism 1 in the 2017-2018 school year is his first year with this class at NCHS, but at his previous school he took a yearbook/graphic design class had a similar curriculum. My hobbies include writing and reading. Over the summer, I participated in a week-long English studies camp at Eastern Illinois University. A book that moved me is The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller due to its components of ancient Greece, LGBT+ characters (plus a heckin' rad relationship between Achilles and Patroclus, even though it's tragic), and masterful writing by Miller.

All content by Nate Brown
Find your color season

Find your color season

Nate Brown, Staff Reporter Apr 16, 2018

Use the flow chart to find your color season Find your season's color palette below   Rock your best color at prom

Continue Reading
Miller Park Zoo: Lunch & Learn

Miller Park Zoo: Lunch & Learn

Nate Brown, Staff Reporter Apr 1, 2018

As Spring break nears, students are planning with their families for trips and activities to occupy their time. Miller Park Zoo is a family-friendly option for those who do not travel far from Bloomington, Normal. Miller Park Zoo visited NCHS and brought along three special guests that can be found...

Continue Reading
The 300 word series is inspired by Brady Denniss St. Petersburg Times column.

300 Words: A figure skater

Nate Brown, Staff Reporter Dec 28, 2017

The whisper of skates on ice, the feeling of flying, the momentum, the adrenaline rush. The spotlight is on Sandra as she weaves her own history into the ice, back and forth, left and right, leaping and landing. Sandra Yordy (10) cannot see the fans in the bleachers but she knows the fluidity of...

Continue Reading
¡Feliz Día de los Muertos!

¡Feliz Día de los Muertos!

Members of the Spanish Club decorate skulls in celebration of Day of the Dead
Nate Brown, Staff Reporter Nov 6, 2017

The Spanish Club at Normal Community High School gathered on Monday, October 30 in the Senior Cafeteria to decorate Calaveras, or skulls, to celebrate Dia de Los Muertos. Students of all backgrounds and nationalities joined to honor the holiday and share in the tradition. Día de Los Muertos, or the...

Continue Reading
Members of the Step Team seen kneeling during the national anthem.

Taking a knee: Students kneel during the national anthem

Nate Brown, Staff Reporter Oct 29, 2017

The kneeling of NFL players during the national anthem has sparked controversy across the country and this act of protest has spread beyond the National Football League. This once localized form of protest has spread from NFL teams, to other major sports, with regular Americans  joining the...

Continue Reading
Load More Stories
$1780
$3000