Quick start for Ironmen basketball

The NCHS basketball season is underway. A strong sense of optimism at the beginning of the season has translated into strong play the Ironmen, even though a 4-3 record suggests otherwise. The Ironmen hope to continue their strong play as the season kicks into full gear.

Despite the team’s 4-3 start, head coach Dave Witzig likes the way his team has been playing. Witzig mentioned how important the leadership of the team’s three seniors, Grant Donath, Ben Wylde, and Alex Prus have been for a team that is made up of mostly juniors. While crediting tough opponents, Witzig stressed the importance of preforming in the fourth quarter as something the team needs to improve in upcoming games. All three of the Ironmen’s losses have been close losses to good teams, while all four wins have been blowouts. Winning by as much as 26 against Decatur Eisenhower, NCHS proved the play with anybody. Witzig added that the extra practice time over winter break should help the team.

The Ironmen are looking forward to the State Farm Holiday Classic, which Witzig said should be a good challenge for the team. The tournament begins on December 26 and runs until December 30.

$1780
$3000

Tommy Lebow, Staff Reporter

Tommy Lebow is a handsome senior at Normal Community. This is his second year with the Inkspot as a staff reporter.

My favorite movie is The Dark Knight

My biggest pet peeve is The school parking

On the weekends I enjoy watching sports with friends 

My interests include sports, music, movies, and some video games

$1780
$3000