Life skills they don’t teach in high school: How to wrap a present?

With graduation party season coming up, here is a step-by-step guide to present wrapping.
  • Step 1: Gather your materials. What you will need: tape, scissors, wrapping paper, your gift, a nice card.

• Step 2: Lay the wrapping paper out and place your gift in the center. Make sure you put some heavy items on the edges so you can keep it flat.

• Step 3: Cut the paper to fit your desired gift. Make sure you do not cut too much paper off or you will have to recut it.

• Step 4: Wrap the paper around the gift and tape it at the top so the edges are still open.

• Step 5: Cut off any excess paper, but make sure to keep enough on the edges that it can be folded up.

• Step 6: With your newly cut wrapping paper you are ready to fold the present. Place the present evenly on the ground and focus on one side of the present.

• Step 7: Fold the interior of the edge of the wrapping paper down, keep the edges up, so they can be folded down in the next step.

• Step 8: Fold the upright edges down into a v shape.

• Step 9: Fold the v up onto the present and tape it down to close the open gap.

• Step 10: This is how your present should look so far, fold down the other side and your present should be wrapped.

• Step 11: Your present is wrapped! Place a card on top of your finished gift and you are ready to give your grad their gift!

$1780
$3000

Kate Meulemans, Staff Reporter
Kate is a senior at Normal Community, involved in Theatre and Normal Peace and Justice.  This is her first year as a staff reporter. My favorite movies are Birdman and Black Swan.   I hope to one day meet Guy Fieri because he is so rockin’! Something you may not know about me is that I can run a mile! My life goal is to one day win an Oscar.
$1780
$3000